Sunday, December 20, 2009

How to make a poinsettia for a christmas cracker

Janine has asked how I made the pointsettia on the Xmas crackers I posted recently.
I used a spellbinders die that cuts and embosses thru the little green machine I have in the craft room. I sprayed my riding hood red cardstock with potion number 9 which contained a gold and pink mix. I then ran it thru the green machine and cut and embossed the three sections.
A little tweek with your fingers on each petal and dimensional and hey presto you have a pointsettia. Very quick and easy to make and it just finishes the crackers.
Don't forget to check out Delys Cram's blog (listed in the earlier post with the Xmas crackers).  Delys has kindly posted the instructions and photos of each step for you to make your own.
I filled mine with lollies but some of my ladies have put party poppers, balloons, chocolate santas etc in them. One of my ladies went home after a class yesterday and made 18!
I hope you give it a try to make these, they are a ton of fun and make for many smiles on Xmas day from both young and old.
I hope you all have a safe and happy Xmas and that you are able to spend time with your loved ones.
Happy crafting
Tee-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment